Kalamazoo, MI 1991
photos: Paul Jendrasiak
These two are just amazing.
Amazingly SAFE ON THE BEACH.
|—||Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic voices his support for Eddie Vedder and the singer’s recent anti-war comments (via grungebook)|
when u miss the last step on the stairs
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
✧: Trish Summerville costume design for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011).
"It was really important for all her [Lisbeth’s] clothing to seem authentic, for nothing to appear to be brand new, everything to kind of be worn in. A lot of her stuff is very dirty, there’s holes and things like her boot is taped up… to feel very lived in. I wanted her to be someone that could easily disappear into the shadows if she chose to." [x]